Thursday 28 February 2013

T-Shirt art!

I saw a pin on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago about how someone had used sports shirts/jerseys and covered canvas frames with them to decorate a wall in her son's room.  It'll be on one of my boards somewhere I forget probably great ideas one - Anyhoo there is a t-shirt of Zacks that I just couldn't bear to get rid of that he got when we went to Disneyland Paris in 2007 and one of Anya's that she loves that doesn't fit her anymore either with Rapunzel from the Disney film Tangled on it.  I've been wanting to do something with them for ages and I had an AHA! moment when in The Works shop the other weekend.  Bought a pack of 4 of these canvas frames for £3.99 I think and was determined to try and do as this other mum had.  We already had a staple gun and some staples hidden away in one of the sheds (I sent Dave on a mission) so I was all set.  Well what with all of the illness last week I didn't get chance to do it but 2 nights ago I FINALLY sat down with everything and had a go. 
THE KIDS LOVE THEM!!!!!  They and Dave were a bit skeptical to begin with but when they were finished agreed that it was a great idea.
close-up

she wanted to cover her face!

can't believe he fitted into that t-shirt once!
So the photos above show what I did.  I know there's a big space at the bottom of Zack's one but that's because the motif was at the top of the t-shirt nearer to the neck-line.  Rapunzel covered the whole t-shirt so looks much better.  At least they get to keep them now and they will be on the wall and out of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment