Friday 15 February 2013

Valentines...a day late!

Hi hope you all had a nice V-day yesterday?  I spent most trying to finish off a cushion I started to make for Dave for V-day 3 years ago!  While I'm in a sewing mood I thought it would be a good time to finish it and give it to him.  He started a project for me too but I'll be waiting a little while for it.  It's a lovely idea though and will look great when finished - I'll show you when he's done.
We didn't want to spend money on silly little things or flowers etc.  He even made me a card (his first ever!) which was really lovely and sweet.  I think I'm rubbing off on him!
Anyway this is the cushion I made
The hearts are felt and sewn on with white zig-zag stitch (admittedly very wonky - I'm not the best with a sewing machine), the D was sewn with red thread in zig-zag and the cushion is stuffed with normal toy stuffing.  The main part of it is a black furry fabric which is very cuddly.  Dave really likes it and it has pride of place on his armchair.  The downside is that it's so comfy he falls asleep on it!  Oh and Anya wants me to make her a pink mini-cushion to cuddle now......
I've actually spent a lot of today being not very well with my vertigo.  When my tablets took hold I was able to get downstairs and spent some of the morning cutting up t-shirts and other items of clothing ready for a future project.  Got some more car stuff sorted out thanks to my wonderful hubby - they might have found the master key at last!  Well tomorrow will be a full day of shopping and moaning children so I'd better get the breakfast put on ready for the morning....
Overnight cinnamon-apple-oatmeal





Fingers crossed it turns out ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment