Sunday 10 February 2013

Starting to get the hang of this

Cardigan....sort of!
This knitting lark isn't so bad really, the picture is of Anya's cardigan so far.  Sorry about the lighting I only had the lamp on.  It's a weird shape I know but hopefully when sewn together it will look lovely.....

It's a pale purple colour, not exactly lilac but I can't think of the colour right now at 1 in the morning!  I'm very proud of myself as the last time I was knitting was when I was about 10!  so 22 years of not knitting and I'm having to re-learn the basics as well as learning to read patterns and new techniques like the wrapping and turning I had to do on this to shape it on the bottom right.  I am finding myself thinking more and more about crochet though....will have to try a simple square and then maybe a flower sometime soon.
Anyhow, my other knitting project as I mentioned before is my scarf:
Scarf....
Again sorry for the dark photo, the bottom colour is a kind of grass green and the next colour I have started is a deep crimson with purple flecks in it.  They look great against each other and I have a third colour to add which is a dark purple and I'm going to keep alternating colours until I've used them all up or I get some more that will fit in with these colours :-)  This is just an in-between project for when I get fed up with following a pattern and just want something that I don't have to think to hard about lol!
Tomorrow I will be at work but when I next get some free time I'll be turfing out all of Dave's and my clothes that no longer fit or are a bit shabby and I'll be mostly cutting them into strips to make rag rugs, If Dave has any shirts that no longer fit they will find themselved turned into dresses for Anya (see my Sewing board on pinterest for a link to the tutorial for this).
Anyhoo I'd better get to bed, got kids to get ready and work to go to in the morning.  Just hope I can stop thinking about crafting long enough to drift off......Oh and have I mentioned Mod Podge and the home-made versions of it yet??? Well.....
Oops!  Off I go up the wooden hill to bedfordshire....here I come pillow soon to be without pillowcase as I'll probably turn it into a dress for Anya as well in the near future......

No comments:

Post a Comment