Tuesday 18 June 2013

Have you missed me?

Hi everyone!!!  Sorry I've been absent from blogging for a while but I have been going through some not very nice personal stuff which included both my husband and I losing our jobs, battling severe depression (from before the job loss).
On the positive side I am trying to start my own business from hope selling handmade cards and invitations (made to order mostly) and hair accessories :-) It is called Farm House Designs and at the moment I only have a facebook page www.facebook.com/fhdesigns2013 which shows some of my work so far.  I am busy trying to build up my stock of ribbons as well as my stock of alligator clip bows, snap clip bows, bobbles/pony holders, hairbands etc.  Constantly learning new techniques and developing new ideas too.  Would like to have a lot more products eventually but right now I cannot afford a huge outlay to get ALL of the bits I need!  I would like to make dummy/pacifier clips, toy/drink cup leashes, bag charms......  I have a very LONG list lol!!!

Father's Day!
So it was Father's Day last Sunday.  I hope everyone had a lovely day.  Dave had a bacon and cheese sandwich in bed with a coffee.  The children got him a hamper/basket of american candy which included his favourite - Runts!!!  The hamper came from Lisa's Sweets Galore www.facebook.com/lisas.galore  this lovely lady sells all sorts of sweets and arranges them in lovely baskets, glasses and sweet trees too!!  Party bags are not a problem and favours for weddings etc.  Her trees are a great idea for table centrepieces at parties or receptions!  This is the one we got for Dave:

It has Runts, lemonheads, nerds, laffy taffy among others!
We also got a bit creative and I have to admit that I saw this idea on another blog - http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/2010/06/fathers-day-shirt.html  Sugar Bee Crafts is a lovely lady with amazing ideas!!!  She embroidered the logo on the front but as I can't do that I just used fabric paint for all of it!  I have to admit I was worried that the writing would look awful but I don't think I did too bad a job.  What do you think?

Not too shabby eh?  For a first go at it anyway :-)

He loved it needless to say so the effort was at least appreciated.  Had the parents over for lunch then a quiet evening.  All over for another year!

I will try to update on my crafting journey - i have knitting and crochet to share with you all too!  Too much to talk about in one blog!

Signing off for tonight

Claire
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment